Grangetown Primary School - Music Teacher
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/11/2023 16:00
Schools - Teaching
Grangetown Primary School
MUSIC TEACHER REQUIRED – GRANGETOWN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Grangetown is a medium-sized primary school, close to Sunderland city centre and on the coast. We have lovely grounds, a spacious modern building and excellent facilities. We have a friendly, welcoming and vibrant ethos, including a strong ongoing commitment to music and the performing arts.
- Required for January 2024.
- Part-time or full-time, depending on what the candidate is looking for. The music role is 2 days per week to cover PPA time - Wednesdays and Thursdays, with 4 lessons over the course of each day (KS1-KS2). Additional days are available, for example for extra music and for tuition support (English, Maths), if this fits the successful candidate’s circumstances.
- Salary: MPS 1-6 depending upon experience.
- Contract: Fixed-term, initially for Spring and Summer term 2024, with the strong possibility that the role will continue for the school year 2024-25.
- Closing date: Monday 27th November, 4.00pm.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative and high-quality teacher of national curriculum music to work across the school on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The role will involve teaching whole class music across Key Stages 1 and 2, covering PPA time for our class teachers.
Additional work is available, if this suits your circumstances, including an extra half day of music, a half-day of curriculum cover, and up to 2 days of tuition support (English, Maths), taking this up to a full-time role. So, for the successful candidate, this can either be a part-time or full-time role, depending upon what you are looking for.
In terms of music, we would like you to play a key role in helping us to develop a varied and inspiring music curriculum, providing our children with the opportunity to enjoy music and singing, to develop their knowledge and skills and to have opportunities for performance.
Grangetown is a happy, friendly and purposeful place in which to work and relationships between staff, children and parents/carers are excellent.
If you have the following we would love for you to apply:
We can offer:
- A passion for music.
- Excellent subject knowledge, and experience teaching the primary music curriculum.
- Consistently high expectations of all pupils.
- Positive relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
- Excellent classroom and behaviour management, and the ability to motivate and enthuse children.
- The willingness and ability to make a positive contribution to the school as a whole.
If you have any questions about the post, please email the school on email@example.com or ring us on 0191 814 9820. Visits to the school are very welcome – please contact our office and an appointment will be arranged. Application forms and further details are available online (on our website and on North East Jobs). Completed application forms, and a letter of application, should be returned by email or by post, c/o The Headteacher, by 4.00pm on Monday 27th November. In your application, please state whether you are applying only for the 2 days of music, or if the additional days interest you.
- Well behaved and highly motivated pupils.
- A happy, successful and caring school, with a positive ethos that celebrates success and values teamwork.
- A long-standing commitment to music and the performing arts.
- A supportive staff team committed to working together to achieve high standards.
- A strong commitment to staff well-being and to ongoing professional development.
Grangetown Primary School, Spelterworks Road, Grangetown, Sunderland, SR2 8PX, Tel: 0191 814 9820
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.grangetown.sunderland.gov.uk
Number of pupils on roll: 280. Head teacher: Les McAnaney.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS clearance.
This job is closed for applications.