Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£27,334 - £28,770 pro rata
Social Work - Children Service
Things are happening and changing at pace here in Children’s Services Residential Sector in Stockton on Tees. There’s lots going on and we have come a long way. We’re seeking to recruit Residential Night Care Workers that are ambitious for children in our care, who are hardworking and innovative people.
- Are you kind, caring and compassionate?
- Are you interested in an enhanced training package and career progression opportunities?
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of young people in Stockton-on-Tees?
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to welcome you to our friendly, supportive team.
As a Night Care Worker, you will be able to effectively engage with young people and their families to ensure care needs are met at night. The care at night that will be delivered to children and families could include support in the family home, the residential home or other community venues.
This is a rewarding role where you will be a positive role model for our children and young people, so if you are caring and compassionate, enthusiastic, and approachable we’d love you to join our team at Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
What our young people say!
“The service and the care home manager have been so supportive and have helped me build my confidence and turn my life around, and I’m now hoping to go to university. Living in the home has been living as part of a family for me, and the neighbours treat us like just another family on the street.”
What Ofsted Said about our homes!
“It’s clear the children in this home are loved”
“Children love living here and do not want to leave!”
What other professionals say!
“The homes are ‘brilliant’, the staff are ‘child-centred’. It is clear how much the children are cared for, and the staff are extremely proud of the children’s achievements.”
We will provide you with a structured training program and support where needed to gain your required Level 3 Diploma in in Residential Childcare.
If you have the desire to develop your career further, we can consider supporting you through your Level 4 or Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Child Care.
All you need to be a success is:
- A recognised Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or a willingness to work towards within 18 months of appointment
- A positive attitude and experience of working with children and young people
- Ability to work over a 7-day shift rota system including weekends
- Enhanced DBS clearance (overseas police clearance for candidates that have lived or worked outside the UK will also be required)
- A full driving licence that’s valid to drive in the UK
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification included in the Supporting Documents section.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work.
- A competitive salary with enhancements for the role and sleepover payments where appropriate. There may also be further opportunities to pick up additional hours as and when required.
- 27 days annual leave per year rising to 32 with 5 years service (plus bank holidays). Ability to purchase additional leave is also available.
- Generous Pension Scheme through the LGPS with ability to pay extra and plan for retirement.
- Access to a number of other employee benefits including learning & development opportunities, a car lease scheme, discounts at high street and online retailers, an employee assistance programme and physiotherapy services.
The salary grade on appointment will be determined by qualifications and experience.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Debbie Farrow by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01642 527516
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is not a UKVI Sponsor therefore we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’. All communication will also appear in the ‘My Messages’ section of your North East Jobs account.
This job is closed for applications.