Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 23:59
£24,294 - £25,979 (pro rata for part time employees)
Social Care - Adult Service
Tynedale House, Blyth, Northumberland
Do you want to be part of a team that makes a real difference to the residents of Northumberland?
Tynedale House is a residential home rated Outstanding by CQC and provides excellent support and care to people with learning disabilities in both residential and respite settings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join our outstanding team as a night shift care worker.
In this role you will provide the care and support our service users need to achieve a fulfilling life. You will enable and promote the service users independence by supporting them in their day-to-day activities.
The job includes following care plans and risk assessments, as well as working with other professionals involved in their care.
With this, you will help to maintain a safe, hygienic, and supportive environment in accordance with culture, standards and objectives of the service.
Requirements of the job:
- It is desirable, although not necessary that you have experience of care work with the relevant client group. You will have a good general education demonstrating good literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to form appropriate relationships quickly.
- Focuses upon service users’ needs.
- Ability to work to and follow individual service users plans and risk assessments.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to understand and follow written or spoken instructions.
- Reliable and keeps good time
- Understands the need to respect confidentiality, privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment of service users.
The successful candidate would be expected to administer medication, full training will be given.
Salary and hours:
This is a permanent, part time position (17 hours per week), NCC band 4 salary (£24,294 - £25,979 pro rata for part time employees) - £12.59 per hour
This post is night shift post, working 9.75 hour shifts. The hours are as follows:
21.30pm - 7.45am, on an 8-week sliding rota.
(Enhancements are payable on this rota for weekend and bank holiday hours worked)
If this post appeals to you and you would like to make a difference, then apply to join us today!
For an informal conversation about the position, please contact the service on 01670 364660.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
• 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
• Enhancements for weekend and bank holiday hours worked
• Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
• Car leasing scheme
• Pay enhancements
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please firstname.lastname@example.org?or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.
This job is closed for applications.