Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/12/2023 23:59
NJC POINT 2 (FTE £20,442), pro-rata £3,488
Pennyman Primary Academy
Status: Temporary (in the first instance)
Required: as soon as possible
Salary: NJC POINT 2 (FTE £20,442), pro-rata £3,488
Hours: 7.5 hours (part time 11:30am -1.00pm), Term time only (TTO)- option for an additional hour reading with children if suitable
Reporting to: Deputy Headteacher
About the Trust:
The Trust was established in 2015 and provides education and enrichment activities to more than 1100 children across five Academies, located in Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland local authority areas. Academies within the Trust are:
• Brambles Primary Academy (3 to 11 years),
• Discovery Special Academy (2 to 16 years),
• Dormanstown Primary Academy (3 to 11 years),
• Pennyman Primary Academy (3 to 11 years), and
• Wilton Primary Academy (3 to 11 years).
Tees Valley Education wish to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and committed lunchtime supervisor with additional responsibilities of working with children to support elements of learning. This position would be to work with children across the primary age range.
About the role we are looking to appoint:
We are looking to appoint a dedicated lunchtime supervisor, who is confident and with strong behaviour management. Their duties will include supervising children, both in the dining hall at mealtimes and other parts of the school including the playground, leading play activities, ensuring the safety, wellbeing and good behaviour of all our children. Ideally, the successful candidates will have experience of working with children and young people. Experience of working with children with special educational needs would be desirable but not essential. We are also possibly looking for a team member to support children on a 1:1 basis in reading.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with children, can remain calm and positive, and has strong communication and interpersonal skills. We need someone who can provide some social and educational training, such as good table manners, and encourage children to eat healthy. We are looking for someone who can be a role model to our children and support them in being successful lifelong readers.
What the Trust will provide the successful candidate with:
• A workplace where all staff are valued and treated with respect as outlined within the Trust’s Diamond Standards
• A passionate, enthusiastic and supportive Leadership Team
• A listening and learning organisation where all staff are encouraged to be curious and share ideas for the Trust/academies/team to improve
• Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all children across the Trust’s academies
• Dedicated approach to children’s learning to encourage them all to be the best they can be
• Career enhancement opportunities within areas of interest as well as supporting ongoing professional development and training specific to job role
• Dedicated line manager to discuss work streams and capacity
• Free access to the Trust’s Wellbeing offer, which includes counselling, access to GP, Mindfulness and so much more.
• Free parking
• Enrolment into the local government pension scheme
• All support contracts are employed on National Joint Council (NJC) for local government services (also known as Green book)
• Benefits of the Trust’s Staff Charter which can be found at TVED Staff Charter.
Safeguarding requirements for the role:
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, therefore, all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as “spent” must be declared. The Trust’s Recruitment of Ex-Offender policy can be requested or visit the Trust’s website.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
This job is closed for applications.