Employment and Skills Trainer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/12/2023 14:00
HR / Training
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a Learning and Development role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Then consider the position of Employment and Skills Trainer at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Working on our Restart Scheme, that gives Universal Credit claimants who have been out of work for at least 12 months enhanced support to find jobs in their local area. Following referrals from their local Jobcentre Plus, participants receive 12 months of intensive personal support from the Restart Scheme. This support helps them to break down their barriers to work and secure sustained employment.
What the job is about:
Our Employment and Skills Trainers are an integral part of our employability programmes. The main purpose of this role is to improve the opportunities of adult jobseekers by training, coaching, and upskilling them in order to achieve their career goals.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Delivering carefully tailored training sessions, following the lesson plans provided.
• Assessing and evaluating results and providing feedback to the team.
• Maintaining a professional training environment with strong classroom management.
• Promoting courses to the teams to ensure their value is understood and the participants attend courses that are relevant to their needs.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to the full range of Reed Wellbeing benefits, which include:
• 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time)
• Reed Pension Scheme
• Award Winning Management & Leadership training
• Professional & Personal Development Funds
• Bi-annual pay reviews
• Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
• Ability to work to strict targets and with people from various backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Experience of working in the welfare-to-work or any other similar relevant sector
• Recognised Teaching qualification such as PTTLS/AET or PGCE
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma in combination with GCSE English Language Grade B or above (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). If you do not possess this level of qualification you will be required to achieve a Level 2 in a Literacy Assessment conducted at interview stage.
This job is closed for applications.