Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Flexible - Ideally Newcastle, York, Durham or Hull
Do you have experience of developing reports and data presentations?
Do you have excellent organisational skills, and an ability to prioritise effectively?
Consider the role of a Labour Market Analyst at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What is the role about?
A Labour Market Analyst is responsible for providing analysis and labour market intelligence to support the effect delivery of Reed in Partnerships Employer Engagement Strategy. You will provide up to date information to the Employer Services team and Senior Management, on the local labour market where they are likely to be able to generate leads to secure vacancies for our programme participants. This is a key role in ensuring Reed in Partnership is able to support individuals back into work.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Analysing and understanding of current Labour Market trends using a range of secondary sources, such as Office for National Statistics, job boards and Companies House
• Presenting trends and opportunities to ensure generation of appropriate vacancies for the participant caseload.
• Provide up to date information on salary trends in the local job market.
• Compile key information on local organisations to be used by the Recruitment Managers for vacancy sourcing.
• Designing and producing reports and information packs that can be readily understood.
• Identifying sectors in the local area that are likely to grow, or shrink in the coming months and providing that intelligence to the Recruitment Managers
• Identifying skills shortages in the region and carrying out market mapping exercises.
• Produce intelligence and updates on key job sectors and updates on green sector/job evolvement and advise accordingly.
• Produce operational reports on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Provide analysis using data from the CRM system.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. All travel for sessions will be reimbursed, and you will have access to the full range of Reed Wellbeing benefits, which include:
• 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time)
• Reed Pension Scheme
• Award Winning Management & Leadership training
• Professional & Personal Development Funds
• Bi-annual pay reviews
• Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
• Experience of working in a data analytical role.
• Experience of analysing data and preparing complex information in a way that is accessible to a wide range of stakeholders
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
• Experience of developing reports and data presentations
• Ability to work independently and manage own workload, with a high level of self-motivation
• Excellent organisational skills, and an ability to prioritise effectively
• Technical skills including good knowledge of local labour market, knowledge of employment legislation governing recruitment practices, analytical ability to use intelligence to maximise on business opportunities, very strong written and verbal communication skills, negotiation skills, accomplished networking skills, organisational and time management skills, ability to build professional relationships effectively.
• Personal interests including interest in people and willing to go the extra mile.
• Advanced Excel knowledge for data analysis.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver data and intelligence in a presentation format
• Good relationship building skills
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Experience of working in recruitment, publicly funded services or other similar sectors.
• Direct previous experience of a similar role, such as Data Analyst, Market Research, Business Analyst or Change Analyst
• Personal interests including interest in career and personal development.
• Personal circumstances including willingness to work flexible hours.
• Other desirable criteria including pre-existing network of employer contacts in the local area; the ability to use qualitative mechanisms to deliver continuous improvement to service delivery; a pro-active 'can-do' attitude; a track record of driving positive change and the ability to work under own initiative and think outside the box.
• Power BI experience.
• Python experience.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.