Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/12/2023 12:00
£23,114 - £23,893 pro rata
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Westlea Primary School
1-1 Teaching Assistant
Grade 3 £23,114 - £23,893 pro rata
20 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8.30am – 12:30pm
Required as soon as possible.
The Governors at Westlea Primary School are seeking to appoint a high-quality Teaching Assistant to support a child with top up funding on a 1:1 basis.
The duration of this post is dependent on the linked child remaining at the school (currently in year 2) or funding ends.
We are looking for someone who:
• has an enthusiasm for teaching and learning
• has high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour and the ability to demonstrate quality classroom practice
• is motivated and uses their initiative when necessary
• is passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment
• has experience of working in a primary school setting
• works very well as part of a team and is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
• is able to relate well to children and adults, offering personal and social support to the wellbeing of key children and their families, attending relevant meetings
• has sound literacy and numeracy skills
• is a caring and understanding person, with a good sense of humour, who is committed to supporting high standards and enjoyment of learning.
• Experience of working in a teaching and learning capacity
• Experience of working with SEN support
• Experience of teaching individuals and small groups
• Experience in planning learning for individuals and small groups.
• Experience of working with children with general and specific learning difficulties.
• Ability to use skills, expertise and experience to support pupil learning.
• A caring and positive approach to children to ensure all pupils achieve their very best.
Please refer to Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
In return, we can offer you a school where children love to attend and learn from an inspiring curriculum and where the staff team work together very well to promote the highest possible standards.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.4 weeks (27 days) or 6.4 weeks (32 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service. Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 27 days annual leave. Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 32 days annual leave. For example:
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 27 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 32 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 48 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, if successful, you will need to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Closing date: 1st December 2023 at 12 noon
Interview date: 5th December 2023
Westlea Primary Seaham
Tel: 0191 5813658
This job is closed for applications.