DBS0436 Recruitment and Engagement Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£24,496 - £25,878 pa
Social Care - Children Service
Any location within North Tyneside
North Tyneside Children’s Social Care is considered to be Outstanding by Ofsted in recognition of the improved services and outcomes for children, young people and families. We want the best for our families and would encourage you to join us in our commitment to continuously deliver the services that make a difference to children and young people.
The practice model used in North Tyneside is Signs of Safety, and you will be supported in developing and using this approach. We are committed to supporting our practitioners, and you will receive regular high quality reflective supervision and management oversight of the important work that you do. We encourage peer support from your team and you will have access to regular group supervision.
So what is different about working for an outstanding authority?
You will be well supported, with regular Supervision by a knowledgeable Team Manager who knows you and your cases well. You will notice the opportunities you will have to develop to the best of your professional potential.
We are co-located, with all our main Children’s Social Care Services based alongside each other and our nine Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub partners in a modern office building with on-site parking and catering. You will also notice that our ICT is there to support you to do your job well – we are proud to be in a development partnership with Liquidlogic.
Finally, in everything that we do – from Early Help to Leaving Care – we work using the Signs of Safety model of practice. We mean it. We have adopted the approach across all our work, including assessment, planning, and review. You will be supported to apply the model effectively and to a high standard. Our children and families deserve no less.
We are seeking a recruitment and engagement officer to lead on recruitment of high quality and committed Foster Carers, to organise and attend different recruitment events, follow up enquires and advise alongside support prospective carers through the application process. You will also be required to keep updated records, support with data analysis alongside the implementation of our recruitment and marketing strategy.
You will have the relevant experience and be able to demonstrate your experience in working with children and families, working in recruitment alongside the ability to use I.T and social media. Successful applicants will be encouraged to make a positive contribution to the development of the Fostering Service in North Tyneside.
We also offer competitive employee benefits including:
• Onsite car parking
• Cycle to work scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Sick pay - Up to six months’ sick pay on full salary subject to service
• Up to 28 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (Employees can request to purchase additional annual leave via a salary sacrifice scheme)
• Flexible Working Scheme
• On-going and developing programme of Health and Wellbeing initiatives (eg. work-based yoga and pilates classes, healthy eating options)
• Discounted membership of fitness and wellbeing centres (a saving of £117.00 per year) including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
• Maternity/Adoption leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
• Maternity support/adoption leave – Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption
• Paternity leave – Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Additional Holidays, personal Training and Development, public transport season tickets
• Credit Union Savings Scheme Further information about eligibility can be found on our Benefits and Rewards page on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and an Enhanced DBS disclosure, including Barred List Check, will be required.
For information about North Tyneside Council, the benefits of working for us, and the many attractions of working and living in North Tyneside please see the council’s “About Us” pages on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.