Head of Service - Social Social Care
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/12/2023 12:00
£61,260 - £64,775
Social Work - Leadership
We are seeking a highly experienced and dedicated individual for the position of Head of Service to lead our Tees-Valley Care Social Care Services. The successful candidate will be a Registered Social Worker with a minimum of 5 years of Team Manager experience in either Adults or Children’s Services. This role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities, including overseeing Children's Homes and Supported Living services, fostering and adoption, staff training, safeguarding, budget management, and service development.
• Utilise own experience 5 years or more of Team Manager experience to lead and develop an in-house social work team for a fostering and adoption service.
• Hold Practice Educator Status to provide training and development for the social work team.
• OFSTED Responsibilities:
• Take up the registered OFSTED post of Responsible Individual for Children’s Homes, ensuring compliance with the Children's Homes Regulations 2015.
• Oversee the Children’s Homes Registered Manager, providing support to maintain and achieve Good and Outstanding OFSTED Inspection ratings.
• Establish and open an additional Solo Children’s Home and a two-bed Children’s home within 24 months.
• Take up the registered OFSTED post of Registered Person for Supported Living, ensuring compliance with the Supported Living Regulations 2023.
• Supervise and oversee the Supported Living Registered Service Manager & Supported Living Homes Managers, aiming for Good and Outstanding OFSTED Inspection ratings.
Training and Development:
• Lead training initiatives for safeguarding, physical intervention, and other relevant areas alongside the in-house clinical team.
• Oversee the implementation of restrain reduction promises and objectives.
• Act as the overall Company Safeguarding Lead.
• Financial Management:
• Be responsible for ensuring that homes and services operate within allocated budgets.
• Collaborate with the in-house maintenance team to ensure that properties are maintained to a high standard.
• Lead and develop the Children’s social care service, including registering a children’s fostering service with OFSTED.
- Registered Social Worker with a valid registration.
- Minimum 5 years of Team Manager experience in Adults or Children’s Services.
- Practice Educator Status.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of managing teams.
- Previous experience in opening and managing Children's Homes.
- Previous experience in achieving Good and Outstanding OFSTED Inspection ratings.
- Experience in developing and registering a children’s fostering service with OFSTED.
- Experience as a Responsible Individual for Children’s Homes.
- Experience as a Registered Person for Supported Living.
- Budget management experience.
- Knowledge of restrain reduction practices and implementation.
This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for an individual with a passion for social care and a commitment to achieving the highest standards. If you meet the criteria and are ready to take on a leadership role, we invite you to apply for this position.
This job is closed for applications.