DBS0437 Equipment Cleaner
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
Social Care - Adult Service
Any location within North Tyneside
North Tyneside Council Loan Equipment Service provides over 25,000 items of equipment each year, ranging from walking frames, profiling beds to ‘one off’ specialist bespoke equipment. Our aim is to facilitate hospital discharge, avoid hospital admission and enable vulnerable residents to live independently and safely in their homes,
We are proud of the services we provide and are seeking to recruit a committed Equipment Cleaner; a brief outline of the main duties are:
• Carry out the disassembly and manual cleaning of equipment returned
• Operation, weekly service, loading and unloading (including detergents) of cleaner/washer/drier machines.
• Assist in the inspection of equipment.
• Carry out minor repairs and component replacements of equipment
• Drying/reassembly/wrapping of equipment ready for reuse.
• Moving/handling and storage of equipment within ALES.
• Assist in the preparation of equipment for delivery.
• Unloading of vehicles.
• Monitoring of cleaning materials and chemicals
• Attend to service users returning equipment to the unit.
A Basic Level DBS Check will be required for this post
You must have a positive attitude towards change and If you can demonstrate this commitment and you would like the opportunity to work in this team, we would like to hear from you.
For information about North Tyneside Council, the benefits of working for us, and the many attractions of working and living in North Tyneside please see the council’s “About Us” pages on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.