0289 - Caretaker / Security Attendant / Porter
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£20,812 - £21,189 pa pro rata
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Any location within North Tyneside.
Working in North Tyneside Council’s Rising Sun Countryside Centre based at the Rising Sun Country Park, you will support the team at the Countryside Centre and contribute to the day-to-day operations of this busy site. The post is a 20-hour post working over 3 days on a Friday evening and weekends.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and customer care skills and demonstrate a commitment to delivering high quality customer focused services, providing clean, safe and tidy places to an agreed standard.
You will be involved in a wide range of duties therefore you must be able to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines. Duties include general maintenance, cleaning and setting up of rooms and visitor hospitality at the Countryside Centre.
We would like to hear from people with a can-do attitude who are eager to learn and develop. As an employee of North Tyneside Council, you will feel valued from the moment you join us.
We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
As an integral member of the Parks and Horticulture team, you will help us ensure North Tyneside is a great place to live, work and visit. In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
• A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
• A range of flexible working and leave options, including part-time working, to support work/life balance (subject to business requirements)
• Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
• Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
• Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
• Supported career progression
• Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work Scheme; additional annual leave, public transport season tickets, and professional subscriptions
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
• A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
If you have the appropriate skills and want to make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
Click this link to apply:
Once you have filled the form please send an up to date CV to Stephen Gibbinson - Stephen.email@example.com
For information about North Tyneside Council, the benefits of working for us, and the many attractions of working and living in North Tyneside please see the council’s “About Us” pages on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.