North Tyneside Council’s Sport and Leisure service is offering an exciting opportunity to join our high performing team. We are specifically looking to recruit a full-time permanent Leisure Assistant based at Tynemouth Pool in North Shields. It is essential that the suitable applicant has a valid RLSS pool lifeguard qualification or equivalent.
We currently operate 5 state of the art indoor leisure sites across the borough, the facilities include four swimming pools, multi-functional fitness suites, sports halls, studios, and outdoor pitches. The service attracts over one million visitors a year.
The main duties of this post include, keeping the public safe in the pool area, ensuring the facility is always clean and presentable and maintaining an excellent level of customer care.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate North Tyneside Council’s values and behaviours, ‘we care, we listen, we are ambitious, and we are good value for money’.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate they are able to use their own initiative, be able to work as part of a team and on their own, you should always strive for excellent customer care, by providing an efficient and friendly service, listening to, and caring for our residents. Please refer to the job description and job specification for the full range of duties to be undertaken and the skills and experience required.
As part of this role, you will be required to work a shift pattern over a three-week period inclusive of early starts, late finishes, and weekend working. In addition, you may be required to work at any site across the borough.
As an employee of North Tyneside Council, you will feel valued from the moment you join us. We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
• A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
• A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
• Annual pay increments up to the top of the salary grade
• Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
• Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
• Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
• Supported career progression
• Discounted membership of our Leisure Centre's including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 health suite and over 250 classes every week
• The ‘Benefits Plus' Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work Scheme; additional annual leave, public transport season tickets, and professional subscriptions
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
The salary is Grade 5 (SCP 7-9), £22,369 - £23,194 pa plus shift allowance and weekend enhancements.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and an Enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
For further information about the post or require an example of the shift patterns please contact the Tynemouth Pool management team on 0191 6432900 or email: email@example.com
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.