Class Teacher (PPA Cover)
Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 09:00
M1 £16,801.74 - M3 £19,051.97
Schools - Teaching
Class Teacher (PPA cover)
Required - Class Teacher (PPA cover)
Salary: M1 £16,801.74 - M3 £19,051.97
Vacancy Hours: 3 days (0.6 fte)
Contract Type: Permanent post, starting January 2024.
Closing Date: Friday 24th November 2023
Shortlisting: Monday 27th November 2023
Interviews to be held on: Monday 4th December 2023
Colburn Community Primary School is situated on the edge of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales with neighbouring market towns and bordering the largest military Garrison in Europe. The location offers a unique setting with all the advantages of rural life alongside the benefits of urban living with significant development and regeneration, including housing growth, shopping facilities and excellent transport links to the A1, A66 and A19.
The community has a strong sense of identity and community spirit that is encompassed by the school. With a mix of civilian and armed forces families, we have a diverse community of pupils, the majority civilian, and from a range of economic backgrounds.
Candidates must have a deep commitment to ensuring that the standards of provision at Colburn Community Primary School are maintained and developed in response to our commitment to provide the children with the best possible education.
The Governors of Colburn Community Primary School wish to permanently appoint a KS2 class teacher.
The successful candidate will:
• Have recent experience of teaching across all Key Stages.
• Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum.
• Demonstrate excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning.
• Have very high expectations of all children.
• Have experience and an understanding of the needs of children with SEND.
• Have excellent behaviour and pastoral management skills.
• Be able to work well as part of a team and be willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life.
• To be able to motivate, value and nurture all children.
Our school can offer you:
• A thriving, well-resourced and attractive learning environment.
• Friendly, enthusiastic children.
• A dedicated, supportive and welcoming staff team.
• Excellent opportunities for professional development and support.
Applicants are strongly advised to look around our school. Please contact Miss Julie Dewhirst on 01748 832676 to make an appointment or email: email@example.com
Additional information is also available on the school website www.colburn.n-yorks.sch.uk and candidates can also speak to a member of the Senior Leadership Team if necessary.
The ability to converse at ease with parents and the wider community, to provide advice in accurate spoken English, is essential for the post.
This post is not open to job share.
This job is closed for applications.