Headteacher - Whinstone Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/11/2023 09:00
L17 - L24 (£69,970 - £83,081)
Schools - Leadership
Salary Scale: L17 - L24 (£69,970 - £83,081)
Start date: Easter 2024
Our Headteacher is retiring after 20 years at Whinstone, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational leader who will further develop our inclusive and nurturing ethos. Whinstone is a successful school for primary aged children located in Ingleby Barwick, Stockton On Tees. The school currently has 476 pupils. In our last Ofsted inspection in April 2022 we achieved a good outcome.
We offer a very rich, broad curriculum and aim to ensure all pupils thrive at Whinstone, feeling safe, having fun and enjoying success. We want our pupils’ time in our school to be memorable, build upon what they know and can do and help them become lifelong learners.
We are determined to have the very best practice in teaching and learning and to create inspirational learning experiences for all of our children. To be an effective part of this journey it is essential that our new Headteacher believes passionately that every child can make excellent academic, social and personal progress. Our intake is wide ranging by nature, and we are proud of our very inclusive philosophy.
We are a friendly school; our children are happy, well behaved, enthusiastic and enjoy learning. Staff are well supported and offer support to each other as we help each other to be the best we can be.
Our new Headteacher must have:
• Successful experience as a Headteacher, Head of School or Deputy Headteacher.
• Experience of developing a highly exciting and innovative curriculum, which is personalised to the needs of the whole pupil.
• Demonstrable success in raising standards and setting challenging targets at Trust and/or school level.
• Experience of supporting the management of significant organisational development and change.
• Experience of presenting high quality, strategic information to Governors, and supporting their role.
• Experience and evidence of managing, developing, inspiring and motivating staff.
• The ability to set appropriate targets for the improvement of school performance and how to establish, monitor and evaluate an action plan in relation to those targets
• Up to date knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation and procedures and the ability to promote a culture of safeguarding across the school community.
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS, ideally with NPQH.
• Enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils.
• A very supportive, active Governing Committee.
• Work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every child.
• A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team.
• Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels.
We are part of a dynamic and supportive MAT, the Vision Academy Learning Trust, which was established in 2016 and currently consists of three secondary schools, of which one is a teaching school, and five primary schools.
Applications should clearly outline why you want to be our next Headteacher and what you have to offer to our wider school ethos. Application forms and further details are available on the school’s website – www.whinstone.org.uk or visit Work for us (valt.org.uk).
Please email your completed application form and a 1500 word covering letter addressed to Mr S White, CEO C/O Trust HR Department, Whinstone Primary School, Lowfields Avenue, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-on-Tees. TS17 0RJ or email care of Trust HR department to email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th November 2023 at 9.00am
Interviews: Monday 4th December 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This job is closed for applications.