Social Work Support Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£26,421 - £28,770
Social Work - Adult Service
Social Work Support Assistant - Permanent, Full time (37 hours)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a social work support assistant to join our enthusiastic countywide learning disabilities team in Northumberland.
This is an opportunity to make a difference. You will work alongside other professionals, promoting strength based approaches to practice and service delivery to adults with Learning disabilities. You will work alongside and in partnership with individuals, families and carers using a range of interpersonal and communication skills in relationship to comprehensively assess complex psychosocial need, set objectives, develop care plans and deliver appropriate interventions.
You will complete Care Act Assessments, Mental Capacity Assessments and collaborate with a range of external services to access any resources required to meet the care and support needs you have identified. You will also lead in ensuring their safety in their day to day lives and to help them live as full and independent a life as possible.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. You will need to have a strong commitment to enabling and empowering service users to live independently in the community and help them think creatively about how they can do that. There will be a focus on managing risk and ensuring service users are protected from significant harm.
You will need to be able to work well within a team and independently, have good time management skills and an ability to prioritise. You also need strong interpersonal, advocacy and communication skills. Solid IT skills are also needed to be able to input, use and retrieve data and information although full system training will be given.
As you work to provide a comprehensive assessment, you will benefit from a good balance of autonomy and support. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of your caseload but will have regular supervision and the full support of your Team Manager.
- Have a clear understanding of the Care Act and the Local Authorities statutory duties
- NVQ 3 in social care or equivalent
- Experience of working with adults in a social care setting
- Some knowledge of legislation relevant to mental health and adult social care
- Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement of the role that the post holder has a valid driving license and has access to a car they can use for work purposes.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- Band 5 salary £26,421(rising to £28,770)
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.