0444 Building Maintenance Surveyor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/11/2023 23:59
£36,648 - £40,221 pa
Any location within North Tyneside
The successful candidate will become part of a committed team of skilled staff who are responsible for carrying out a range of surveys to our tenants homes, diagnosing issues and producing detailed specifications and reports of works.
You will provide a professional, efficient and cost-effective service to the required quality standards and within approved budgets.
You would need to have or build, a comprehensive knowledge of internal processes and procedures and require excellent IT skills. , along with a knowledge of systems like Microsoft Office applications. A knowledge of repairs and compliance systems would be an advantage.
You will be required to have excellent customer care skills, take pride in your work, and deliver high quality work with a focus on completing jobs right first time. If you have excellent communication and organisational skills and consider yourself to be suitably qualified, enthusiastic and self-motivated this could be the job for you.
You will need to have the relevant qualifications and experience and ideally possess a good understanding of working within social housing in a local authority.
In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
• A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
• A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
• A range of flexible working and leave options, including part-time working, to support work/life balance (subject to business requirements)
• Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
• Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
• Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
• Supported career progression
• Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work Scheme; additional annual leave, public transport season tickets, and professional subscriptions
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
For more information about the role available please contact; Dave Melia, Service Manager on Tel: 07583106159 or Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures, and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.