DBS0100/23 - Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) - Hazlewood Community Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/11/2023 09:00
30,000 - 46,525 pro rata
Hours per week:
19 hours 30 minutes
Schools - Teaching
Hazlewood Community Primary School, CANTERBURY WAY WOODLANDS PARK , WIDEOPEN, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE13 6JJ
The Governors of Hazlewood Community Primary School wish to appoint a part –time SENCO to work in our successful and thriving school.
‘At the heart of our school, all individuals have opportunities to thrive in their own unique ways. By igniting passion and embracing difference, we can unlock limitless potential for all in our community. Through nurturing and trust, we can open the door to exciting new adventures, challenges and experiences to spark dreams for every child.’
Ofsted March 2023
‘Pupils with SEND are well supported in this inclusive school. Leaders are focused on accurately identifying any additional needs pupils may have. Leaders carefully check that the right support is in place to help the pupils access their learning. As a result, pupils with SEND achieve well from their starting points and enjoy learning alongside their classmates.’
We are seeking a highly organised, caring and inspirational SENCO to lead SEND across our school and build on current existing good provision. The SENCO role will be for 3 days per week,
which can be worked flexibly. The position will start in January 2024 or as soon as practical thereafter. This is a permanent role. The SENCO will be part of the school leadership team.
To secure the highest quality provision for our pupils, our new SENCO should have:
• National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or a willingness to complete it within 3 years of
• A commitment to securing high levels of progress, achievement and self- esteem for all children.
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner
• Be an effective team leader with a proven track record in raising standards, and in engaging all pupils in their learning.
• Work effectively within the leadership team and beyond to act strategically on the priorities identified through self-evaluation to make an impact on progress.
• Be approachable and be able to motivate, support and inspire others.
• Work with the Governing Body, staff, parents and community to drive forward the learning and achievement of pupils and the school.
• Have the care and commitment to ensure that every child achieves their full potential.
• Have a commitment to partnership between home, school and the wider community.
We welcome all applicants who can make a positive difference to all our children.
Enthusiastic and responsive pupils with a mature approach to learning.
A team of dedicated and hardworking staff committed to the school.
Overwhelming support from governors and parents and strong links with the community.
A fully inclusive school ethos with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
An opportunity to further develop your skills as a leader.
Hazlewood Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
Please contact the school at email@example.com for more information.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange these.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 29.11.23
Interviews: Week beginning 04.12.23
This job is closed for applications.