Caretaker - Allensway Day Centre
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
- Are you a self-motivated, reliable and proactive person who takes pride in their work?
- Do you want to work in a varied role that is pivotal to ensuring our clients visit a safe, clean and welcoming environment?
- Are you looking for a new challenge where the work you do allows you to stay local to Stockton-on-Tees, working daytime hours Monday to Friday.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to welcome you to our friendly, supportive team at Allensway Day Centre in Thornaby.
Allensway Day Centre provides a safe and nurturing environment for adults with learning disabilities. We provide a range of bespoke activities for our clients to help them reach their full potential and give them the ‘Best Day’.
In the role of Caretaker, you will ensure the building and equipment in the Day Centre are well maintained and in good working order. You will be required to undertake basic maintenance / repair tasks and liaise with and supervise external Contractors whilst they are on site. You will carry out regular security checks of the premises and oversee the cleaning standards delivered by Cleaning staff.
You will need to be able to work well independently, with good time management and organisation skills. Strong communication skills and the ability to engage positively and politely with staff and clients are also key to this role.
Previous experience in a cleaning / caretaker role is essential alongside experience of performing basic maintenance tasks. A good level of physical fitness will also be required as the role will involve moving equipment and furniture as well as taking delivery of goods and materials.
The working hours of this role are split shifts as follows:
Monday to Thursday: 6:00am – 11:00am and 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Friday: 6:00am – 11:00am and 3:00pm to 5:00pm
You must also be available to respond to calls outside normal working hours in order to attend to security problems, allow access to contractors.
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification included in the Supporting Documents section.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work.
We offer an excellent total reward package, including:
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact the Day Service Manager, Elaine Knowles on 01642 527893.
- A competitive salary of £23,114.
- 27 days annual leave per year rising to 32 with 5 years service (plus bank holidays). Ability to purchase additional leave is also available.
- Generous Pension Scheme through the LGPS with ability to pay extra and plan for retirement.
- Access to a number of other employee benefits including learning & development opportunities, a car lease scheme, discounts at high street and online retailers, an employee assistance programme and physiotherapy services.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is not a UKVI Sponsor therefore we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’. All communication will also appear in the ‘My Messages’ section of your North East Jobs account.