Administrator / Receptionist
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/11/2023 16:00
Grade 2 SCP 4-5 £21,189 - £21,575 FTE (£7,712.79 - £7,853.29 pro rata)
Schools - Support
Post: Administrator / Receptionist
Contract Type: Fixed Term One Year
Salary Range: Grade 2 SCP 4-5 £21189 - £21575 FTE (£7,712.79 - £7,853.29 pro rata)
Salary amounts quoted are from the 1 September to 31 August and therefore if you commence employment part way through the academic year they are subject to an equated salary adjustment
Working Type: Part Time (14.5 hours, 41 Working Weeks, 48.299 paid weeks) 2 days per week (Thursday and Friday)
Base: Hilton Primary Academy, Hilton Avenue, Blakelaw, Newcastle, NE5 3RN
Please note: the post holder will be engaging in regulated activity, working mainly or wholly with children. This position is exempt from the rehabilitation of offender’s act 1974. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Northern Education Trust (NET) is a charitable education Trust with a good track record for school improvement. The Trust sponsors 23 academies; 13 secondary and 10 primaries across the North of England in eleven Local Authority regions.
We are looking to recruit an individual who can work 2 days per week providing administrative support to the academy in the school office, you will be an organised, personable person who can manage a number of concurrent tasks and provide the first point of contact to all visitors to the academy.
Your main duties will include:
• Providing administrative support to the academy, ensuring confidentiality where appropriate, as delegated by the PA to Principal / Office Manager
• Organise and maintain effective administrative and filing systems, both paper and electronic in order to provide an efficient working environment
• Maintaining and updating the academy MIS system with student information
• Maintain the single central record of visitors to the academy
• To provide a professional and effective reception provision, demonstrating excellent customer service skills when acting as the first point of contact for the academy.This includes answering all incoming calls, greeting and dealing with visitors, stakeholders and students
• Ensuring that all visitors follow the correct signing-in process, lanyards are issued in accordance with the Trust policy and safeguarding procedures are met
Northern Education Trust offers:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the family of schools, should you wish in the future;
• The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps structure taking on a whole school leadership project;
• The support and expertise of Director of Subjects.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for all;
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development, including leadership, provided through the NET Staff College.
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced car leasing
- Access to various discount sites
In accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be completed on all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. Any relevant information will be discussed further with the applicant during the interview process.
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our pupils.
In order to apply for this position, please visit:
For more information, please contact Mr A Sutton, Senior Business Manager at email@example.com
Closing date: 4pm 30th November 2023
This job is closed for applications.