ICT Service Desk Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/12/2023 23:59
£24,294 - £24,702
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work.
A part of the Council, Xentrall Shared Services is an extremely successful partnership between both Stockton and Darlington Councils and is responsible for four main shared services which are: ICT, Transactional HR, Transactional Finance and Design & Print. These services are also provided to other public bodies outside of the two Councils.
Our partnership has an enviable record of delivering sustained service improvements and savings across all of our services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as an ICT Service Desk Assistant within the ICT Service Desk Team.
Our ICT office is based in Darlington Town Hall and as part of this role you will also be required to work at our Stockton office.
What will you be doing?
- Being the first point of contact for escalated issues and questions
- Providing Firstline day-to-day support to both Councils and our wider customers
- Assist in the resolution of Incidents and requests from our customers
- Adhering to our Major Incident Management process
- Always provide exceptional communication with our customers.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A hardworking attitude, be flexible and reliable
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- The ability to downscale technical language to explain ICT issues to non-technical clients.
As well as the opportunity to work in a friendly, professional and modern working environment, we offer an excellent total reward package including a generous pension scheme, flexible working and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a number of additional employee benefits and a real commitment to your training and development within Xentrall.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Tom Young, ICT Service Desk Co-ordinator, on 01642 526341 or email at Tom.Young@xentrall.org.uk
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is not a UKVI Sponsor therefore we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’. All communication will also appear in the ‘My Messages’ section of your North East Jobs account.
This job is closed for applications.