Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 12:00
£24,294 - £26,421 pro rata
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Blue Coat C.E. Aided Junior School
Temporary Teaching Assistant
Grade 5 £24,294 - £26,421 pro rata
Required from 3rd January 2024 until 19th July 2024
The Governors at Blue Coat C.E. Aided Junior School are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to provide support to children in the classroom inclduing those with special educatioal needs. The post is a temporary maternity cover from 3rd January 2024 to 19th July 2024.
It is an opportunity to be part of a team aiming for excellence in all areas of school life.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with KS1/2 children.
• Provide learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher, differentiating and adapting learning programs to suit the needs of allocated pupils.
• Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher.
• Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher.
For additional information please call the school between 9am and 4pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.4 weeks (27 days) or 6.4 weeks (32 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service. Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 27 days annual leave. Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 32 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 27 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 32 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 48 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
NOTES TO APPLICANTS
You are reminded that this is an application for a post in a Church of England Voluntary Aided school in which the Governing Body is the employer. If you are appointed, the Contract you will be asked to sign will include the first and third paragraph of the following clause and may include parts of the second paragraph.
• As a teacher in a Church of England school you are required to have regard to the Christian character of the school and its Foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the Foundation.
• You are required, if called upon to do so by the Head Teacher, to give religious education in accordance with the doctrines of the Church of England and Trust Deed of the School. You are required to take part in and lead acts of religious worship, if required by the Head Teacher.
• You are expected to be conscientious and loyal to the aims and objectives of the School
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, if successful, you will need to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Closing date: 24th November 2023 at 12 noon
Interview date: TBC
Durham Blue Coat CE Aided Junior School
Tel: 0191 386 5975
This job is closed for applications.