Teaching Assistant (Level 3) - St Alphonsus Catholic Primary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/12/2023 16:00
£20,086 - £20,423 per annum
Hours per week:
36 hours per week, Term Time Only plus 1 week
Schools - Teaching Assistant
St Alphonsus Catholic Primary School, Cadogan Street, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough, TS3 6PX
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade E, SCP 6-7 (Actual salary: £20,086 - £20,423)
Hours: 36 hours per week, Term Time Only plus 1 week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Alphonsus Catholic Primary School, Cadogan Street, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough, TS3 6PX
Catholic schools are welcoming places to pupils and members of staff from all faiths and none. More than a quarter of a million pupils and almost half of teachers in Catholic schools are not of the Catholic Faith.
St Alphonsus Catholic Primary is part of the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust (NPCAT), a family of 38 schools and a sixth form from across the north of the Diocese of Middlesbrough. With more than 12,300 pupils and 1,500 staff, the Trust is one of the North-East’s largest Catholic Trusts.
The governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and highly motivated Level 3
Teaching Assistant who has the vision and drive to make a significant impact in school and is committed to making a difference to the lives of our children.
The successful candidate will:
- Embrace and uphold the vision and ethos of our Catholic school
- Be able to support in the delivery of high-quality learning experiences
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour
- Be able to communicate sensitively with parents/carers
- Have excellent standards of literacy, numeracy and spoken English
- Support pupils’ learning needs; leading small group sessions and interventions as appropriate
- Work alongside pupils, families and staff to support the integration of EAL families new to the area
- Have a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life.
We can offer:
- A welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos where everyone is valued
- A positive environment for learning throughout the school, where pupils enjoy and achieve
- Enthusiastic, considerate and well-behaved children who love to learn
- A welcoming and supportive staff team
- Opportunities for your own Continuous Professional Development.
Visits to the school are very welcome. Please call 01642 243400 or email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment or for further information.
Closing date: Friday 1st December 2023, 4pm
Interview date: Week Commencing 11th December 2023
Please refer to the back cover of the application pack for details of how to apply for this position.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
This job is closed for applications.