- Do you have experience of working with vulnerable clients?
- Are you a strong communicator with good ICT skills?
- Do you want to work in a varied and rewarding role that helps families and individuals facing homelessness?
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to welcome you to our friendly, supportive, positive team!
We are currently looking for a Floating Support Officer to join our team on a fixed term basis until 1 April 2025.
In this role, you will provide a high quality, effective, sensitive and appropriate support service to people who have a support need and are homeless, or whose accommodation maybe at risk. The support you provide will enable those people to maximise their potential and enable them to live as independently as possible in a safe and secure environment.
As part of your role, you will be supporting residents who have just moved into a new home, assisting them to set up bills and sustain the home, or alternatively those who are having difficulty sustaining an existing home.
We are proud to be an innovative and forward-thinking team who constantly strive to develop best practice to support our most vulnerable residents to access the services they require.
In order to succeed in this role you will need to have:
- NVQ Level 2 qualification (or equivalent), ideally in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of working with vulnerable clients.
- Ability to cope with crisis situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification included in the Supporting Documents section.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work.
We offer an excellent total reward package, including:
- A competitive salary of up to £24,702.
- 27 days annual leave per year rising to 32 with 5 years service (plus bank holidays). Ability to purchase additional leave is also available.
- Generous Pension Scheme through the LGPS with ability to pay extra and plan for retirement.
- Access to a number of other employee benefits including a car lease scheme, discounts at high street and online retailers, an employee assistance programme and physiotherapy services.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Catherine Husband, Team Leader, via email email@example.com or telephone on 01642 528549.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is not a UKVI Sponsor therefore we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’. All communication will also appear in the ‘My Messages’ section of your North East Jobs account.