Pupil Engagement Officer - Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 09:00
£25,492 - £29,261 actual salary per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week, Term Time only plus 2 weeks
Schools - Support
Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary is looking for an inspirational and highly effective Pupil Engagement Officer within the school. Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary is rated good in every category, this validation of the school by Ofsted represents the significant improvements that have been made since the last inspection when the school was graded ‘requires improvement’ in each. Ofsted quite rightly agrees with our position, that the school has improved because of the actions leaders have taken. Ofsted have commented “Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary is a school where all staff have high expectations of their pupils.” Moreover, “Leaders have an ambitious vision for all pupils to achieve well. The Christian ethos of the school is central to this. The school has improved because of the actions leaders have taken.”
We offer the opportunity to work in a high quality, vibrant and caring environment where we share a rich vision for our pupils and for the communities in which we work.
Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary is part of the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 38 schools, and two vibrant Sixth Form Colleges. With more than 12,300 pupils and 1,500 staff, NPCAT is now one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK.
Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary is:
- A Catholic community that is vibrant and has, at its heart, prayer and service to others.
- A community that is unashamedly ambitious for all.
- A school that drives academic excellence where relationships are based on care, trust and respect.
Our outcomes demonstrate a three year upward trend and we are significantly above local and national average in a large number of subjects. We are particularly delighted that some of the most challenging academic subjects, such as English, Maths and French, continue to secure excellent outcomes, especially when compared with the national picture.
- Nationally, the percentage of grades 4 and upwards in Maths was 61% and we achieved 76%.
- In English, the national average for grade 4 an was 64% and we achieved 81%.
- In French, the national average was 70% and Sacred Heart pupils achieved 91%.
- Similarly, our extensive suite of vocational subjects has once again achieved outstanding progress, particularly in Engineering and Health and Social Care.
- Overall, the class of 2023 have secured almost 300 of the top grades, 7 to 9.
We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all pupils. Our mission statement of ‘grow in faith’, ‘fulfil your potential’ ‘find your future’ permeates throughout the school and we look to appoint an energetic, dedicated member of staff to support us on the next phase of our journey to outstanding.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational pastoral/behaviour leader who:
- Has a commitment to Catholic education and would play an active role in the community of Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary.
- Has worked in a similar role, or have significant transferable skills.
- Promotes high expectations and will help our children to thrive in a culture that builds resilience and instil a sense of pride in what they achieve;
- Is creative, forward thinking and has proven experience in delivering excellent behaviour/pastoral care.
- Is an excellent communicator, with good interpersonal and organisational skills, able to confidently deal with children and adults in a professional manner.
- Can form a strong partnership with the leadership of the school.
The school offers:
- A strong, supportive ethos
- Happy, well behaved, enthusiastic and friendly pupils
- Highly experienced and talented colleagues
- Excellent professional development and progression opportunities across our 38 schools
- Supportive trust board, governors and parents
Candidates are warmly encouraged to contact the school for an informal discussion about the post and/or tour of the school with the Headteacher. Please contact Mrs S Tranter (Senior Administration Officer) on 01642 487100 or email: email@example.com to arrange.
Closing date: Friday 24th November 2023, 9am
Please refer to the back cover of the application pack for details of how to apply for this position.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
This job is closed for applications.