Teaching Assistant (SEN - Level 3) - West Tyne Church Schools Federation
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
FTE £24,294 - £25,979 (pro rata £11,332.82 - £12,118.85)
Hours per week:
20 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 1pm
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Greenhead, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 7HB
Greenhead CE Primary School and Henshaw CE Primary School (which together make the West Tyne Church Schools Federation) are seeking to appoint an inspiring, supportive, kind and caring Level 3 Teaching Assistant who will assist in sharing our Federation’s vision as we continue to inspire, support, believe and achieve in our happy school.
The successful candidate will work initially in Greenhead Primary School 5 days a week, from 9am to 1pm (term time only), to support in our Reception class and specifically with a child with Special Education Needs.
This is a fixed-term post, envisaged for at least the next academic year, with the potential to be extended.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent teaching assistant and who can motivate and engage our pupils.
• Can work in partnership with all staff across our Federation in order to drive forward the vision, values and aims of our Church of England Schools.
• Will engage and work with others to create a shared culture and positive climate.
• Will work with Class Teachers to plan and deliver sequences of learning and tailored provision for children who have an EHCP.
• Has a good knowledge of barriers to learning that children may face, including de-escalation strategies
We can offer you:
• The ability to make a real difference to the lives of our children, who are enthusiastic, well behaved and engage positively with their learning. • The opportunity to develop your teaching and support for children across two Church of England Schools.
• A strong, dedicated and motivated team who are strongly committed to the school and passionate about children’s learning and well-being.
• The support and commitment of our Governing Body, Parents, Carers, Friends of both schools and our Local Community.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to the school will be warmly welcomed, and can be arranged for 3:30pm on 23rd, 24th or 30th November.
Please contact Jayne Coleman (Office Manager) at the Greenhead School office (01697747347) to make an appointment.
Please return completed applications in person to the school office or by email to email@example.com by 10am on 3rd December.
Interviews will take place on Friday 7th December.
Salary amounts quoted are subject to an equated salary adjustment if you commence employment part way through the academic year.