Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/12/2023 22:00
Inline with IPSA Pay Scales
Matt Vickers, Member of Parliament for Stockton South, currently has a Full-Time position available in his Constituency Office for a well organised and politically aware Caseworker/Constituency Assistant.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, customer focused and highly organised.
Working for an MP is no ordinary role. You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiatives, be confident at resolving issues, and be easily adaptable to changing priorities. Furthermore, you will be required to work closely with Matt’s parliamentary office, and therefore must be a team player.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to take their first steps in to the world of political work.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public via telephone and email
- Progress and draft constituent case work as required with the ability to prioritise time sensitive cases.
- When required, attend constituency meetings and surgeries with Matt.
- Liaise with various stakeholders (Local & National Government and other organisations) to assist in the resolution of constituent cases, and obtain information for Matt.
- Responsibility for community project work, researching initiatives and helping to plan community projects for Matt.
- General administrative tasks – photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on the closing date to Niall Innes by email: email@example.com Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Niall by email or by calling 01642 956526.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
- Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research and IT skills
- Understanding and experience with various social media platforms and ability to put content together would be advantageous.
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs and a committed campaigner.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
- Hold a Full Clean UK Drivers Licence.
Hours: Full or Part Time would be considered
Salary: Inline with IPSA Pay Scales
Location: Stockton South
This job is closed for applications.