EYFS (Reception) Level 3 Teaching Assistant - Pentland Primary School (OneExcellence Academy Trust)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 12:00
Grade H, spinal point 14 - 17 (Actual Salary £20,743 - £21,833)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
EYFS (Reception) Level 3 Teaching Assistant – Permanent Post
32.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 days
Grade H, spinal point 14 - 17 (Actual Salary £20,743 to £21,833)
One Excellence Multi Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust made up of four schools. The Trust was founded in July 2017, and is a mixed Multi Academy Trust. The vision and rationale behind the wider partnership are based on shared values and aspirations, a strong sense of community identity and values of inclusion and aspiration for all.
One Excellence Multi Academy Trust believes in supporting and investing in its staff and has a structured health and well-being programme. The programme includes physiotherapy, nurse support service and drop-in clinic, counselling, mindfulness sessions, weight management, stress awareness, GP consultations and private medical operations if required. We are also keen for staff to be able to reach their full potential and offer a range of professional development opportunities in all areas of education, nurturing and leadership.
We are also keen for staff to be able to reach their full potential and offer a range of professional development opportunities in all areas of education, nurturing and leadership.
Pentland Primary School’s Early Years Foundation Stage has undergone extensive growth and development since the Trust began. We have a very popular and inviting pre-school based within the 0-19 Hub which is central to the local community and a separate reception setting in the main school. Reception, currently has 30 wonderful children attending each day and is ran by a team of nurturing and dedicated staff who all believe that every child is unique and deserves the best possible start in life though quality and enabling experiences.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and resilient EYFS practitioner (Reception Teaching Assistant). The successful candidate will have experience of working with young children within either Nursery and/or Reception. They will have experience of following the EYFS profile and framework, as well as sound safeguarding knowledge. The candidate should be a team player, who is full of creative and inclusive ideas with a positive attitude. Experience of teaching phonics would also be beneficial.
The role will involve:
• Providing specialist support in the Early Years Foundation Stage, adhering to safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Supervising groups and occasionally whole classes for a session in the nursery or outside as required.
• Providing a high standard of nurturing and early education, through quality interactions and play, for all children within the setting. As well as on a one to one basis if required.
• Being proactive, flexible and a reliable team player, offering support to colleagues when required.
• Building and maintain strong relationships with children, parents and other settings or agencies to enable all children to develop and flourish with their needs at the forefront of all we do.
• Helping the children to make progress working closely with a supportive and experienced EYFS team, as well as other external professionals. You will regularly feedback to both the class teacher, EYFS leader and your colleagues regarding children’s progress and general wellbeing.
• Teaching a daily phonics group and providing interventions to close gaps within early reading.
What you will need to succeed:
You will need to hold an APPROVED Level 3 (or higher) teaching assistant or child care qualification. The Level 3 ‘Workforce in the Early Years’ qualification is also desirable. You will have experience of working with and supporting younger children within a school or private setting. You will have experience of dealing with intimate care and other self-care needs of younger children. You will have an understanding of the EYFS curriculum. Ideally, you will have an understanding of SEN and additional needs that children may have within the setting. An experience of supporting those with sensory issues would also be desirable. Most importantly, you will have a passion for working with young children and be a positive and enthusiastic team player.
Disclosure: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you think this post is for you, please contact Laurie Kidd, EYFS Trust Lead on (01642) 559609, for an informal discussion. Visits to the setting are encouraged.
Applicants should apply by downloading the application pack and returning completed application forms to Natasha White at - email@example.com
Shortlisting and Interview dates - TBC
This job is closed for applications.