Temporary Classroom Teacher
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/01/2021 09:00
£25,714 - £36,961
Schools - Teaching
Burnhope Primary School
Class Teacher Temporary for maternity cover from:
February 22nd 2021 – end of substantive employee's maternity leave
M1-M6 £25,714 - £36,961
The Leadership Team of Burnhope Primary school are seeking to appoint an outstanding, creative and enthusiastic teacher to join us (Spring Term 2021). We are a welcoming and supportive school dedicated to achieving the best for our pupils. Staff work well as a team, they are forward thinking, dedicated and are committed to developing their own teaching abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a consistently good / outstanding teacher
• Have high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
• Have the ability to accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment
• Share the ethos and values of our school community
• Have experience of teaching Key Stage 2 preferably Year 3 & Year 4
• Have experience of teaching children with SEND and the appropriate strategies
• Be able to work as part of a team and foster positive relationships with staff, pupils, parents and governors.
• Be prepared to make a valuable contribution to Burnhope with a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life
Burnhope can offer:
• A supportive professional environment.
• A dedicated, friendly team who are committed to the children.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Application packs can be obtained by emailing the school firstname.lastname@example.org and completed forms should be returned to the school by Friday 29th January 2021 9am.
Tour of school by appointment please contact school before 22nd January on 01207 520243
Short listing week beginning February 1st 2021
Interviews week beginning February 8th 2021
The Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
Burnhope Primary School
Tel: 01207 520243
This job is closed for applications.