2 x Corporate Procurement Officers
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/02/2021 23:59
£33,782 to £37,890 p.a. (Grde 11)
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
County Hall, Durham
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corporate Procurement Team within Durham County Council as a Procurement Officer. We are looking for someone who is customer focused and has strong relationship management skills, along with procurement and category management knowledge and experience, ideally within a public sector environment.
What you will need to succeed:
1. You will need to demonstrate experience working in a procurement role in, as well as ideally have an MCIPS qualification, be willing to study to attain MCIPS status.
2. Ideally you will have experience of working in a public sector setting and strong leadership qualities.
3. You will be able to work well under pressure and have a clear understanding of working on a collaborative basis with different stakeholders.
4. You will demonstrate effective organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, as well as the ability to communicate articulately and in a confident manner to a wide range of settings.
5. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to negotiate.
6. You will be computer literate and have the ability to work both as a team and from your own initiative.
7. You should be trustworthy, reliable and confident and demonstrate fairness and awareness of the demands and sensitivities of working for a public organisation.
8. You will have drive and determination to deliver on the procurement strategy for Durham County Council that aims to deliver social value agenda and local wealth creation.
What you will get in return
1. As well as highly competitive pay you'll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, which ranges from flexible working hours to a high performing pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return.
2. Working within a dynamic, professional and friendly environment that delivers on strong team bonds
3. We cover the costs of obtaining professional qualifications.
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Karyn Wilson via email at Karyn.email@example.com.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 1st March 2021.
Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams. If you are successful at shortlisting you will be notified via North East Jobs of the date and time of your interview. A separate invite will be sent via Microsoft Teams.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
In line with the County Council's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll and Employee Services on 03000 267247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
This job is closed for applications.