Temporary Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/01/2022 09:25
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Yohden Primary School
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Temporary subject to funding
Required from October 2021
End date will be when the child leaves the school as its linked to funding for a child
30 hours per week
The Governors of Yohden Primary School are looking to appoint a
committed, talented and creative teaching Assistant to join our
Who first and foremost put children at the heart of their teaching
Support for Pupils, Teachers and the Curriculum
• Work in partnership with teachers and other professional agencies to provide effective support with learning activities;
• Awareness of and work within school policies and procedures;
• Support pupils to understand instructions, support independent learning and to promote the inclusion of all pupils;
• Implement and contribute to planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate;
• Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress;
• Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task based on the expectations for individual pupils;
• Under the guidance of a teacher monitor, assess and record pupil progress/activities;
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher;
• Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher and in line with health and safety requirements;
• Support pupils in their social development and their emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate;
• Support pupils with SEND needs as appropriate;
• Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate and in line with school policies and procedures;
• Contribute to pupils plans and reports;
• Support the work of volunteers and other teaching assistants in the classroom;
• Support the use of ICT in the curriculum;
• Work with pupils not working to the normal timetable using Teacher’s planning
If you would like further information , please telephone the school
between 9 am and 3pm.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively
welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview
if the essential job criteria are met.
This position is not open to job share
Please submit ALL application forms via email to: P2733.email@example.com
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Thursday 7th October 2021
Interview date: TBC
Yohden Primary School
Tel: 0191 586 3096
This job is closed for applications.