Social Work Consultant, Families First Service
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/12/2021 23:59
Grade 13 £39,880 - £43,857
Plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location
Children and Young People's Services
Families First Service
Social Work Consultant
Grade 13 £39,880 - £43,857 pro rata
Children and Young People’s Services are seeking Social Work Consultants to join the Families First Service.
The role of the Social Work Consultant is to work with the team manager to manage and supervise an integrated, multi skilled social work led team, ensuring high quality and effective services are delivered to children and their families in line with procedures, legislation and national guidance.
The successful candidate will:
• Play a key role in developing and monitoring the competency of front-line social care practitioners by developing, maintaining and championing expertise in specific areas of work with children and families; by driving excellent practice based on research evidence and professional experience; and, by supporting achievement of improved outcomes for vulnerable children and their families.
• Provide constructive challenge to enhance practice, procedures and policies, promote innovation and introduce new ways of working from recognised areas of excellence.
• Contribute to the development of knowledge and promotion of excellence within the team making use of sophisticated, critical reasoning as well as modelling and facilitating reflective and evidence based decision making.
• Offer management advice/consultation to One Point team managers on level 3 cases as required.
This would be an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who wants to:
• Take a first step into management.
• Work alongside the team manager to manage a team which carries out meaningful and rewarding work which achieves the best outcomes for children.
• Ensure that the team participate in high quality reflective supervision, which supports decision making based on evidence.
• Quality assure work and give constructive feedback.
• Build and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues from a wide range of agencies.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• A quality framework which supports practice improvement.
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge, and high support.
• A culture which celebrates social work.
You can find out more through our social work careers website http://www.durham.gov.uk/socialwork
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Lisa Crooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Grade 13 with corresponding salaries £39,880 - £43,857 plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually).
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PGDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & Current Social Work England registration.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
This job is suitable for Job Share.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place week commencing 13th December 2021.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the North East Jobs Portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll and Employee Services Team on Telephone: 03000 267241. Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.