Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/12/2021 16:00
£20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
Schools - Support
Thornley Primary School
Temporary Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Grade 5 £20,092- £22,183 pro rata
Required from 4th January 2022 (or as near to as possible) until 31st August 2022
The Governors of Thornley Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, caring and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant.
The successful candidate will become part of a committed team who believe in respect and success for all.
We are looking for an excellent Teaching Assistant who is:
• Innovative, resilient and creative who has a drive for passion to ensure that all children achieve
• Have experience in supporting children with SEND and other complex needs
• Be committed to the schools core values
• Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team, sharing practices and learning from others
• Committed to working in partnership with staff, parents and children
In return we can offer:
• An opportunity to be part of an outstanding and supportive team in a happy, friendly school
• A supportive Leadership Team
• Continual Professional Development opportunities
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Friday 10th December 2021 at 4pm
Interview date: Thursday 16th December 2021
Thornley Primary School
Tel: 01429 820280
This job is closed for applications.