Temporary Part Time Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/01/2022 23:59
£20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
Schools - Support
Coxhoe Primary School
Temporary Teaching Assistant
Grade 5 £20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
Start date January 2022 - flexible if notice period required
Required until the 31st August 2022
32 hours per week 8.30-3.30 Monday - Friday
Coxhoe Primary School is a growing school with a drive and determination to provide our children with an enriching and broad curriculum; we aim to offer our children engaging opportunities to allow them to develop the skills they need to achieve in our culturally diverse world.
Staff and governors are seeking to appoint a highly effective, caring, enthusiastic and hard working teaching assistant to join our warm and friendly school family.
The right candidate will have experience of working across the primary age range.
The role may involve some time working 1:1, supporting children with SEND across the school day.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Holds high expectations for all pupils and strong commitment to raising standards.
• Will make learning exciting, enriching, enjoyable and memorable.
• Has experience of and a keen interest in supporting all pupils, including those with SEND.
• Has a sense of humour and enjoys working as part of a team.
• Has a commitment to the whole life of the school, including provision for extra curricular activity.
• Can fulfil all aspects of DCC grade 5 job description (see attached).
• Is experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships.
• Has experience of working within rigorous safeguarding procedures.
• Has an awareness of the EYFS curriculum and the National Curriculum.
We can offer:
• A warm, welcoming and friendly school community with excellent parental support
• The support of an enthusiastic, ambitious and dedicated team of staff and governors
• The privilege to work with well-behaved and enthusiastic children who love coming to school and are eager to learn;
• Continued professional development from within and additional extended support from external providers
Due to the current circumstances, unfortunately there are currently no planned visits to our school. For more information please visit our website or contact the school office between the hours of 8am and 4pm. We can organise a Virtual meeting with key members of staff.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and satisfactory references.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: 5th January 2022
Interview date: 14th January 2022
Coxhoe Primary School
This job is closed for applications.