Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/01/2022 12:00
Schools - Support
Chester-Le-Street CE Primary School
Grade 1 £18,562 pro rata
10 hours per week
Required as soon as possible.
The children, staff and governors of Chester-le-Street Primary School are looking for practical and well-motivated people for the post of Cleaner to join our team of committed staff. We especially want someone who will really care for our school, ensuring it looks its best, is safe and exemplifies the high expectations we have of our children.
We seek to appoint a
• Reliable and
• Honest cleaner who is committed to maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and is able to work as part of an existing team.
We can offer:
• a rapidly changing school with happy, polite children
• good professional development opportunities
• a caring, committed and inclusive ethos
• a committed friendly, supportive staff team.
Working hours are 3.15pm-5.15pm Monday - Friday
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by contacting our office for a tour of the school.
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Closing date: 31st January 2022 at 12 noon
Interview date: 7th February 2022
Chester le Street CE Primary School
Chester le Street
Tel: 0191 388 2328
This job is closed for applications.