After School/Holiday Club Assistant
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/11/2022 12:00
£20,441 per annum pro rata
Schools - Support
Grange First School, Norham Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 2NP
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Grange First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
*This post attracts a Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £10.90 an hour.*
Fixed term contract initially from 9th January 2023 to 31st July 2023
The Governors of Grange First School wish to appoint a motivated Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Support Assistant.
The hours are:
Term Time: 2.45 pm – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday
Holidays: 8am – 5.00 pm
Holidays must be taken during the school holidays, two weeks of which must be taken at Christmas and three weeks in the summer break when both Treetops and the school are closed. Of the remaining 8 weeks of school holiday time, staff must be available for at least 50% of the time.
There will be mandatory training provided and paid for by the school, including but not limited to:
• Safeguarding and child protection
• Food hygiene
• First aid
• Fire warden training and safety evacuation procedures
Training will either be held in working hours or paid as overtime.
Candidates must be able to:
1. Assist with the organisation, maintenance, setting out and clearing away of resources to create a purposeful and attractive learning environment.
2. Assist with any administrative tasks such as attendance registers, collection of fees etc.
3. Undertake activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual, moral, spiritual and social skills.
4. Respond to the practical needs of children where there is an identified special educational need.
5. Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional and physical needs of pupils.
6. Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with the School’s policies and procedures.
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
An application pack, job description and person specification can be obtained via the school website.
Completed application and safe recruitment form to be returned to Mrs Joanne Taylor, School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 25th November 2022.
Interviews will take place during week commencing 5th December 2022.
This job is closed for applications.