Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/02/2023 22:59
£24,948 - £26,845 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Newcastle Upon Tyne
37 Hours per week (split shift)
Monday to Thursday
7.00am to 11.30am & 3-00pm to 6-00pm
7.00am-11.00am & 3.00pm-6.00pm
An opportunity exists for a suitable individual to work within the Facility Services Division of Operations and Regulatory Services Directorate as a Facility Supervisor (Caretaker)
at Havannah First School. Havannah First School is a new building which opened Easter 2022.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have excellent communications skills and the ability to work independently but also under the direction of a Manager at the City Council and the Headteacher. You must be confident in the use of a computer to analyse basic data for the building management system (training will be provided).
You must be able to undertake the split shift requirements of the role.
You will be responsible for the security of the premises, setting alarms, general health and safety issues relating to the building, as well as a range of porterage duties. There will be a responsibility for the supervision of cleaning staff. Caretaking experience in a school would be an advantage.
You will be expected to be able to deal with varying workloads and the cleaning of a defined area equating to fifteen hours per week. You must be able to manage your own time.
There will need to be a degree of flexibility around certain key events in the school calendar e.g., parents’ evenings, governing body meetings, Christmas, and summer fairs etc. You will be expected to be available to undertake lettings for the school when required.
The successful candidate will join the rest of the staff team in taking pride in our new state of the art building and grounds and will work with us to strengthen our school’s success on its new site.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
What we offer:
• Up to 28 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff) increasing to 29 days from April 2023.
• Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
• Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
• Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
• Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
• Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for reliable and friendly people with a positive attitude to join our team as a Facilities Supervisor.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a good team player, use your own initiative and lead a cleaning team
• Can have good relationships with others
• Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
• Has a flexible approach to work and hours
• Is customer focused
• Can deliver to required standards
• Is suitable to work with children and young people
• Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying.
• Is able to undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
For an application pack download the application form and supporting documents from www.northeastjobs.org.uk, apply online, alternatively you can collect an application form firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to discuss this post, please call Debra Thompson 07974797548.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
This job is closed for applications.