Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/08/2018 23:59
£17,972 - £19,446 per annum, pro rata
Hours per week:
10 hours per week
Newcastle upon Tyne
10 hours per week
Based within the RVI Staff Gym, we are looking for a welcoming and enthusiastic individual to work with staff members in the hospital gym for a minimum of 10 hours per week. This temporary position is well suited to an individual who is passionate about health and wellbeing and is keen to support people into activity.
• Minimum Level 2 Fitness Instructor Qualification
• Good working knowledge of the health and fitness industry
• Good communication skills
• Good time management
• Able to use own initiative
Key Duties include:
• Inducting staff into the Fitness Centre following in house processes
• Providing 6 weekly one to one sessions for members upon request
• Advising members on how to use gym equipment safely
• Developing/running in house 6 weekly programmes, 4 times a year.
• Handing out tickets for events
• Cleaning equipment
• Booking 1-2-1 appointments
The purpose of this recruitment is to cover a period of maternity leave for 9 months and will be required to work the following shifts:
Wednesday 12.30 – 3.30pm
Thursday 3 – 6.30pm
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk
This job is closed for applications.