Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/03/2019 12:00
£17,173 - £ 18,319 pro rata
Schools - Support
Bournmoor Primary School
Required for the 23 April 2019
Permanent / Part time / Term time only
The Governing Body wishes to appoint an enthusiastic Administration Assistant to join our office team. The post is part time, 22 hours per week, five days a week, Monday – Thursday 8.40am – 12.30pm and Friday 8.40am – 3.50pm and term time only.
Essential criteria 4 GCSEs A-C (or equivalent), including English and maths.
NVQ 2 or 3 in Business Administration or relevant equivalent qualification.
The successful candidate will be reliable, have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, using a range of media and have experience of clerical work. In return, we offer a supportive, welcoming working environment and excellent professional development opportunities. The successful candidate will work very closely with both the Headteacher and all of the staff within our village school.
The successful candidate should possess:
• Excellent communication skills (Microsoft word, Office 365, Publisher and Excel).
• The ability to work in an office environment, with the skills to organise, prioritise and deal with multiple tasks whilst meeting deadlines.
• Good organisational skills.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Being a first point of contact for the school, welcoming visitors and parents/carers and answering telephone calls.
• Working as part of a team to achieve the best for our children and their families and the school community.
• Providing clerical and administration support to all staff and pupils to ensure the smooth running of the school.
It is desirable, but not essential (as training would be provided) that the successful candidate will have experience of working within a school environment and can use SIMS, FMS and ParentPay.
The post is not open to job share.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
To request an application pack please e-mail Mrs Philippa Davison, Senior Admin Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0191 3854291.
Closing date: Wednesday 6 March 2019 at 12 noon
Interview date: Thursday 14 March 2019
For further information about this post, please contact:
Mrs Philippa Davison (Senior Admin Officer) or Mrs Laura Snowdon (Headteacher)
Bournmoor Primary School
Tel: 0191 3854291
This job is closed for applications.