Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2018 10:00
£17,007 - £17,391 per annum, pro rata (actual £14,106 - £14,424 per annum)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week, term time only
Schools - Support
St Lawrences RC Primary School, Headlam Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2JX
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School
St Lawrence's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
37 hours per week (8am-4pm), term time only
Fixed term contract until 19 July 2019 with a view to a permanent contract
Required for 7 January 2019, the Governors of this popular and rapidly improving Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an energetic, motivated and committed member of staff to join our friendly and hardworking team. The successful applicant will be part of our admin team and ‘front of house.’
Candidates must show a willingness to fully and actively support and participate in the Catholic ethos and life of the school.
Applicants should have:
• excellent people skills to warmly welcome our parents, teachers and visitors;
• excellent IT skills and be able to produce formal letters and adapt to different IT systems;
• the ability to be proactive in assisting the Head Teacher and all members of staff;
• a passion and willingness helping the school to thrive in the community;
• the ability to assist with keeping school finances in order;
• the ability to help manage our school website and other communications with parents;
• excellent organisation and filing skills;
• a strong awareness of the importance of safeguarding in schools.
The person appointed will be expected to be responsible for:
• various admin tasks and communications with parents;
• the upkeep of the school website;
• being a warm and welcoming point of contact for the school;
• liaising with and offering support to staff, parents, pupils and other professionals.
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Gail McLoughlin on the school phone number: 0191 2659881 or email address: email@example.com.
Further information can be found on our school website: www.stlawrencesprimary.org.uk.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a range of other recruitment checks.
The application form is downloadable from the CES website: http://www.cesew.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000042-application-forms A job description will be available from the school via email. Forms should be returned to school by the closing date.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing Date: 23/11/2018 – 10.00am
Shortlisting Date: 23/11/2018
Interview Date: 30/11/2018 – from 9.30am
This job is closed for applications.