Alternative Provision Teacher
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/07/2022 12:00
£25,000 - £30,000 (Depending on experience)
About Education Plus NE Ltd:
Education Plus are leading alternative provision providers in the North East, supporting pupils with social and emotional needs, including those who are disengaged from mainstream education as a result of challenging behaviour or poor attendance.
We provide the appropriate mix of academic rigour; curriculum offer and personalised support to allow all of our students to thrive. We have a supportive team of staff who effectively share expertise, skills and knowledge. We are passionate about nurturing brighter futures for all students by creating exciting learning opportunities and building on individual potential.
We have sites across the North East and the successful applicant may be required to work at any of these venues, however this role will initially be based at Sacriston in County Durham.
The role of Alternative Provision teacher will involve:
• Developing and delivering a modified curriculum, including maths and English to pupils in a creative and accessible way that improves engagement and behaviour over time
• Promoting a positive and stimulating learning environment for pupils, encouraging them to achieve their full potential in a safe environment
• Liaising closely with families and key professionals to support and encourage individual success
• Providing high levels of support and safeguarding to all pupils
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the role are:-
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status QTS or QTLS
• Have relevant experience of working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, preferably in a similar setting
• Be dedicated and supportive, an excellent communicator and passionate about working with pupils with SEMH or behaviour related needs
• Have experience of providing high levels of safeguarding to young people
Education Plus is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we employ will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check.
This is a full-time role – Monday to Friday.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications.
What Education Plus offer:
As a teacher and valued employee of Education Plus, you will receive:-
• Excellent rates of pay based on experience and qualifications.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Supportive and collaborative working environment.
For further details about this role, please contact Kevin Wake, Director email: email@example.com
To apply, please forward your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.