Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/01/2022 23:59
£23,080 - £24,491 per annum
Hours per week:
37 Hours per week
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
17 Allington Way, Darlington, DL1 4QB.
Would you like to work for a hard working Arboricultural team within Darlington Borough Council? We are looking for highly motivated, professionally qualified Arboriculturists for this full time position.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the maintenance of Darlington Borough Council's tree stock in accordance with the Tree Management Objectives, good practice, British Standards, safety standards and all legislation, and deal with technical and day to day enquiries linked to the trees and woodlands.
The successful candidate must have a full driver’s licence and a trailer licence is preferred, you must hold all relevant tickets within the Arboricultural industry, and have a minimum of two years climbing experience. Good customer service skills are essential as you will be answering queries from members of the public as part of your role.
Full PPE, work uniform and equipment is supplied, along with anything required to complete your day to day work within reason.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions.
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments.
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords.
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions.
• Access to free, confidential counselling.
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Phil Haynes, Senior Arboricultural Officer on 01325 406657.
This job is closed for applications.