Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Arts / Tourism / Culture
Berwick Records Office
The Berwick Record Office, part of Northumberland Archives is entering an exciting period in its history. It is looking to appoint a professionally qualified and enthusiastic Archivist to join its small team for a 3 year period to work with the Berwick Archivist in preparation for a move to a new home in the Barracks, Berwick in 2025/26.
This full time post is being sponsored by the Berwick Guild of Freemen. The role will provide experience and the opportunity to develop skills in many different archive fields including cataloguing, running a searchroom, working with volunteers and undertaking outreach work in the local area with a wide range of people The archives kept at Berwick date from the late 13th century and chart the history of North Northumberland and specifically Berwick-upon-Tweed which has had a chequered history on the English/Scottish borders. This is an opportunity to live in an area within easy access of Edinburgh and Newcastle by train or car.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- Salary: Band 6 (£25,419pa - £28,226pa )
- 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
- Car Leasing Scheme
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Linda Bankier, Berwick Archivist on email@example.com or phone 01289 301865.
For the job description please see the supporting documents.
Closing Date: Wednesday 17th August 2022
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 29th August 2022
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.