Assets and Estates Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£42,821 - £44,863
Executive / Managerial
The Ascent Academies’ Trust was founded in 2012 and is a family of four special academies in the North East of England, over three different local authorities. We are a collaborative group of academies who work closely with one another in order to achieve the best outcomes for our young people. As a result, our academies have improved year on year and all academies are currently at least Good from an Ofsted rating, with some individual areas rated Outstanding. This is an exciting time to join our Trust as we look to set out our next steps in creating brilliant schools.
We are an ethical Trust whose vision and values are aligned to equality and diversity, collaboration and lifelong learning.
Post: Assets and Estates Manager
Scale: Grade N, PT 39 – PT 41
Hours: 37 hours/week
Salary: £42,821 - £44,863
Contract term: Permanent
The Trustees are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to be responsible for all aspects of the Trust’s estate, including Health and Safety compliance in relevant areas. Working with staff across all the academies the postholder will monitor and advise on the condition, investment and operation of all estates, ensuring all sites are maintained to the highest standards within allocated resources and all legislative requirements are met. The successful candidate will have 5 x GCSE A*-C or equivalent, including maths and English, and HND/Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or hold a relevant professional qualification. The successful candidate will also have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in operational premises management and substantial practical experience in facilities management.
What we need:
• A commitment to and a passion for building a brighter future for young people with Special Educational Needs
• Someone who will embrace being part of a family of schools, sharing good practice and collaborating with others across a Trust.
• An enthusiastic and positive approach across the business support part of the wider school and family of schools
• Commitment to own professional development and to enhance those of others in order that we can respond to the needs of our young people
• Consistently high expectations and aspirations for our young people and yourself
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of working
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete commitment to the core values of Ascent
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals who love what they do
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Opportunity to work in settings which value multi-disciplinary ways of working
• An exciting and extensive commitment to high quality professional development, identified through a strong appraisal process
• A comprehensive wellbeing and support package for staff
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of diversity and collaboration, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
For further information about this post please contact Mick Little, Chief Operating Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this please click on 'Apply Now' and create/login to your NEJobs account.
Closing Date: Thursday 27th January 2022 at 9.00am
Interview: Tuesday 8th February 2022
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people with Special Needs and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.