Assistant Health and Safety Adviser
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/02/2019 12:00
£27,358 - £30,756
Health and Safety
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents’ means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
We are a team of Health and Safety Advisers who are committed to providing an excellent advisory service to all functions of the County Council.
Are you interested in:
- Working within a busy health and safety team committed to continuous improvement?
- Providing advice to clients in relation to a range of diverse Council services and activities including schools?
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Health and Safety Adviser who has specific experience in the Local Government setting. The post holder will be a member of the Council’s Corporate Health and Safety team, key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking school and establishment inspections
- Providing advice in relation to accidents and violent incidents
- Reporting to senior officers and members
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £27,358 rising to £30,756
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision and flexible working arrangements
- A NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent and, preferably, working toward a Diploma level health and safety qualification
- Recent and relevant post qualification experience in a relevant context. Knowledge and experience of health and safety in a Local Authority/Education setting is highly desirable.
- Current driving licence
- Able to determine priorities and work with limited supervision
Please note that successful applicants must be able to attend an interview/assessment centre on 19 March 2019. Interviews will comprise of a competency based interview. Successful candidates may be asked to return for a second interview where they will be asked to complete a 15 minute presentation.
For further information, please contact John Froud, Corporate Health and Safety Manager on 01670 623806 for an informal discussion and more details about the role can be found in the attached job description and person specification.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding this part of the process can be discussed with Claire Coe (Trans HR Support Officer) We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications who wish to work on a part-time basis will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please or email email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.