Assistant Payments, Income and Support Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/10/2018 23:59
£40,858 to £44,697 p.a. (Grade 14)
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Green Lane, Spennymoor
Finance and Transactional Services provide a number of key front-line council functions to residents and businesses throughout County Durham. There are c70,000 Housing Benefit / LCTRS claimants; 230,000 council tax households; 14,000 business rate payers; and 7,000 adult social care charge paying clients supported by the service. Many of the clients supported are vulnerable.
The Payments, Income and Support Team is seeking to recruit an Assistant Payments, Income and Support Manager. The team is responsible for a broad and diverse range of transactional finance functions including:
• Management and reconciliation of all the Council’s income and expenditure to major funds and administration of the Council’s Income and Cash Management Policy and procedures, bankers automated payments services (BACS) and Payment Card Industry Data Standards (PCI DSS);
• Management and support of the Council’s end-to-end purchase-to-pay (P2P) process, including creditor, transactional purchasing and accounts payable functions and including Adult & Health Service social care payments, fleet, transport and taxi payments;
• Application support and development of the OpenRevenues systems including Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction Scheme, Discretionary Housing Payments and Welfare Assistance Scheme, document management and workflow solutions and ICON income management systems;
• Quality assurance, systems & technical training and appeals for Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing Benefit;
• Administrative / business support for both the Assessment & Awards and Payments Income & Support teams including scanning and referencing, post-despatch including daily bulk mail jobs; Council Tax and Business Rates bills, benefits notification letters, sundry debt bill and mail-merge letters, co-ordination and processing complaints, FOI and data requests.
• Service improvement and development including management and co-ordination of all service and systems improvement projects.
You will be join the Payments, Income & Support management team and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Technical & Support and Administrative Support teams and also Service Improvement & Development Officers. The post holder will lead and co-ordinate corporate and transformation projects on behalf of the service i.e. both Assessment & Awards and Payments, Income & Support teams and will also co-ordinate and manage service improvement projects.
You must have substantial experience of managing in a Revenues and/or Benefits or Financial Services/Support environment with a proven ability to lead and manage change including the introduction of new systems and ways of working. You will require a detailed knowledge to Revenues and Benefits and/or financial management regulations and legislation, be highly numerate, able to think laterally and solve problems. This is a diverse role and you will be required to work under pressure to prescribed deadlines and able to respond to changing priorities.
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Michelle Waters on 03000 260495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held week commencing 29th October 2018.
In line with the County Council's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on 03000 267247 or email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
This job is closed for applications.