Skip to content
View All Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Association of North East Councils
Cleveland Fire Brigade
Coast & Country Housing
County Durham Housing Group
Darlington Borough Council
Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Durham County Council
First Class Supply & Training
Hartlepool Borough Council
Middlesbrough Schools & Academies
NECA - North East Combined Authority
New College Durham
Newcastle City Council
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
North East Regional Employers Organisation
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Sunderland Care and Support
Sunderland City Council
Tees Valley Combined Authority
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Your Homes Newcastle
How to use this website
The recruitment process
How to apply
Hints & tips
Frequently asked questions
About this site
Our Talent pool
Eligibility to Work
Quick Job Search
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Arts / Tourism
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Catering / Cleaning
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Executive / Managerial
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Health and Safety
HR / Training
Manual / Trades / Transport
Marketing / Media / Communications
Planning / Building Control
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Schools - Support
Schools - Teaching
Social Care - Adult Service
Social Care - Children Service
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Select a job category
Previous 24 hours
Select a date period
Up to £10,000
£10,001 to £20,000
£20,001 to £30,000
£30,001 to £40,000
£40,001 to £50,000
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text
Advanced Job Search
You are here:
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/01/2017 23:59
£31,310 - £32,320 (CDHG Grade 6A)
Hours per week:
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Thomas House, Meadowfield
CDHG-16-53 Assistant Quantity Surveyor JDPS.pdf
CDHG Application Form Guidance.pdf
This job is closed for applications.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor in carrying out any quantity surveying duties including assisting in agreeing with contracting partners ‘agreed maximum prices’, valuing variations, processing valuation payments and agreeing final accounts to ensure successful delivery of repairs and maintenance & planned works programmes.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific objectives and deliverables will be agreed as part of your annual performance and development review (PDR) process, the points below are a summary of your main duties and responsibilities.
• Prepare estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for responsive repairs, cyclical works, voids and investment programmes.
• Carry out construction project valuations and certification duties for responsive, cyclical, voids and planned maintenance works.
• Ensure that all valuations and final accounts are produced in a format that allows the Finance team to separate work by component per property for component accounting purposes.
• Deal with 'Open Book' accounting on construction projects and with interim and final accounts with contractors, suppliers and consultants including the resolution of contractual claims and settlement of contracts.
• Responsibility for undertaking financial checks, maintaining financial controls and monitor costs of schemes against budget. Carry out financial checks on completed Repairs and Maintenance job cards as required, and check compliance with CDHG’s policies and procedures.
• Carry out regular reviews of all schedules of rates to ensure their continued relevance and produce trend information on usage of rates.
• Undertake analysis of the performance of suppliers and contractors during the contract stage and following contract completion. Check compliance with contract terms and conditions and legal and regulatory requirements.
• Prepare and maintain progress and information charts/documents as required.
• Assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor to support the performance management framework and monitor the status of relevant performance measures in relation to financial management.
• Liaise with staff in other directorates and with consultants as necessary to ensure the co-ordination and smooth running of projects, including legal services.
• Attend any pre-contract, progress and other related meetings relating to the delivery of CDHG’s Services.
• Comply with Health and Safety requirements, particularly with regards to lone working and ensuring own safety.
• Assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor to prepare, profile, monitor and manage budgets for all construction related activities including responsive repairs, cyclical and planned maintenance.
• Manage a designated budget ensuring that value for money is achieved in all circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure and the early identification of any financial irregularity.)
• Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy.
• Comply with Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
• Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
For further information about this post, please contact Rebecca Marshall, Senior Quantity Surveyor via email to
Closing date for applications - 11.59pm Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
Interview date Wednesday 11th January 2017
In line with the group's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CV will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM
AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL
Back to top
Terms and Conditions