Assistant SENCo - Collingwood School & Media Arts College
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/07/2021 12:00
£38,690 - £41,604
Schools - Teaching
Collingwood School & Media Arts College, Morpeth
Collingwood School & Media Arts College is a community special school that caters for pupils aged 2 to 19 with a wide range of special educational needs. The school offers a specialised learning environment to support the additional requirements of our students.
The Governors of the school are seeking enthusiastic and experienced assistant SENCo. The successful candidate will join a team of outstanding teachers committed to raising standards and providing a broad and balanced curriculum which stretches and challenges our young people.
We are looking for someone who understands the needs of our students and is
• passionate, enthusiastic and reflective about teaching and learning
• able to inspire and motivate our children to achieve the very best outcomes possible
• caring, empathetic and sensitive to our children’s needs
• committed to the process of continuously raising standards, self-evaluation and school improvement.
• a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• able to build a strong partnership with our supportive parents
Shortlisted candidates will be given a tour of the school as part of the interview process but prior visits to the school are also welcome. Please contact Brooke Toole to arrange a mutually convenient time.
We are very proud of our achievements at Collingwood and the reputation we have gained for the high standard of education we provide. We are committed to continuing to improve the work we do and would welcome applications from people who will share this vision with us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Applications are to be returned to the school by the deadline: noon on 12th July 2021
School Address: Stobhillgate, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 2HA
Telephone: 01670 516374
This job is closed for applications.