Business Intelligence Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/02/2019 17:00
£31,401 - £34,106
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service is one of 45 fire and rescue services across the county. The service employs approx. 600 personnel and has 15 fire stations strategic positioned across the service area as well as having headquarters in Belmont and a training and a technical service centre, both situated in Bowburn. In 2018 the service received approximately 16,000 calls of which 7,300 were attended. The service also delivered nearly 20,000 safe and wellbeing visits.
The Information Services Team forms part of the Community Risk Management section and is responsible for establishing effective controls for service-wide data assets and utilisation of appropriate tools to deliver information to appropriate stakeholders and customers. This includes data analysis and intelligence (including geographic information systems (GIS)) and understanding performance to support business decision making. The team are also responsible for administrating several key service systems.
The team is constantly innovating and looking at new ways to utilise and exploit our data assets and to support this we are looking to recruit a suitably skilled and qualified Business Intelligence Officer to further support our work around business intelligence and to further build upon what we have already developed and take it to the next level. The Business Intelligence Officer will also act as a deputy to the Information Services Manager.
The officers responsibilities will include:
Key Responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Officer:
• Deputise for the Information Services Manager
• Line manage allocated members of the Information Services Team
• Creating and developing reports, dashboards and visualisations using tools including SSRS, PowerBi and other proprietary business system reporting tools.
• To provide expertise in integrating business intelligence solutions into existing service systems such as SharePoint, GIS, Office 365, workflow and other cloud based systems.
• Identify, develop and design innovative solutions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and automation of reporting processes and data extraction.
• Support the data analysis and system support work of the team.
Expected knowledge, skills and abilities of the Business Intelligence Officer:
• Experience of managing a team with particular emphasis on performance management, information systems and data
• Designing and building business intelligence solutions including SSRS and PowerBi
• Thorough/extensive SQL skills and knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of analysing and manipulating statistical data
In return the post offers 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after 5 years, flexible working hours, sports facilities, car parking and a pension scheme.
For further information please contact Graeme Lockhart, Information Services Manager on 0191 375 5582.
Application packs should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is closed for applications.