Business Intelligence Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/05/2021 17:00
£32,910 - £34, 745
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Intelligence Officer to join the Information Services Team within County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS). We consider ourselves to be a professional, high performing, inclusive and innovative organisation which is well regarded by the communities we serve and the partner organisations with whom we collaborate.
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service is one of 45 fire and rescue services across the county and employs approx. 600 personnel with 15 fire stations strategically positioned across the service area as well as having headquarters in Belmont and a training and a technical service centre, both situated in Bowburn.
The Information Services Team forms part of the Community Risk Management section and is responsible for establishing effective controls for service-wide data assets and utilisation of appropriate tools to deliver information to appropriate stakeholders and customers. This includes data analysis and intelligence (including geographic information systems (GIS)) and understanding performance to support business decision making. The team are also responsible for administrating several key service systems.
The team is constantly innovating and looking at new ways to utilise and exploit our data assets and to support this we are looking to recruit a suitably skilled and qualified Business Intelligence Officer to further support our work around business intelligence and build upon what we have already developed. The Business Intelligence Officer will also act as a deputy to the Information Services Manager.
The officer’s responsibilities will include:
Key Responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Officer:
• Deputise for the Information Services Manager
• Line manage allocated members of the Information Services Team
• Creating and developing reports, dashboards and visualisations using tools including
SSRS, PowerBI and other proprietary business system reporting tools.
• To provide expertise in integrating business intelligence solutions into existing service
systems such as SharePoint, GIS, Office 365, workflow and other cloud-based systems.
• Identify, develop and design innovative solutions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness
and automation of reporting processes and data extraction.
• Support the data analysis and system support work of the team.
Expected knowledge, skills and abilities of the Business Intelligence Officer:
• Experience of managing a team with particular emphasis on performance management,
information systems and data
• Designing, building and administering business intelligence solutions including SSRS and
• Thorough/extensive SQL skills and knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of analysing and manipulating statistical data
In return the post offers 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after 5 years, flexible working hours, sports facilities, car parking and a pension scheme.
For further information please contact Jon Bell, Information Services Manager 0191 375 5589
Application packs are available to download and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 24th May at 5:00PM
This job is closed for applications.