Caretaker - Usworth Colliery Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/03/2019 12:00
£21,074 - £23,111
Schools - Support
Usworth Colliery Primary School
USWORTH COLLIERY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Manor Road, Sulgrave, Washington, NE37 3BL
Tel: (0191) 417 8888
Web: www.usworthcolliery.co.uk @UCPrimary
Headteacher: Mr Gary Wright
Number on Roll: 410
Grade 4 Scale point 22-25 £21,074 - £23,111
Permanent. Full time.
REQUIRED FOR Monday 22nd April 2019 or as soon as possible after this date.
CLOSING DATE: Noon on Tuesday 19th March 2019
The Governors of Usworth Colliery Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and
enthusiastic caretaker to join our staff team. As a key member of staff, you will be responsible for the
cleanliness, maintenance and security of the school premises and site. Good communication,
interpersonal and maintenance skills are essential. Although previous caretaking in a school would be
an advantage it is not essential.
The successful candidate will:
• Be hardworking, flexible and reliable.
• Have excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise work effectively.
• Act as a role model and set personal high standards in the completion of cleaning and other
• Communicate effectively with pupils, parents, staff, general public and outside agencies.
• Maintain effective records relating to health, safety and maintenance check procedures.
• Be committed to working as part of a whole school team.
• Have the ability to promote the school’s ethos and reputation within the community.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school by appointment (see ‘Letter to Applicants’).
Application packs are available from the school website (www.usworthcolliery.co.uk) and should be
returned to Gary Wright (Headteacher) at the school no later than noon on Tuesday 19th March 2019.
If you have the commitment, energy, initiative and drive to help us meet our core values - Enjoy
Achieving Together – then we welcome your application.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from Criminal
Usworth Colliery Primary School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with
Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This job is closed for applications.